Forgotten Friends Texas Rescue RGV is a Mission, Texas, no-kill 501(c)(3) foster-based dog only, adoption rescue. At this time we no longer foster cats or kittens.
We are always working to place rescued animals into permanent, responsible adoptive homes. Since February 14, 2015 we have transported 293 dogs out of the Valley to the SFCA rescue group in Dallas where they flew the dogs to eastern states that love our adoptable animals. We transported 600 dogs in 2014 with the majority going to Dallas.
We want everyone to know that Forgotten Friends will not be taking in any animals until further notice, due to the health of our President, Christine Compton. We have continued to support local rescues and individuals with spay and neuter assistance. For more information on assistance please correspond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have shared our Dallas transport contact with Palm Valley Animal Center and are hopeful that they can continue to help with the transportation of dogs out of the valley. We will still be operational with limited animals. Please go to fftr.petfinder.com to view our adoptable animals. Thank you again for your continued support.
2015 Annual Report Statement
Our Life saving efforts for 2015
Our success is measured in the number of pets we save through adoption or transport. In 2015 we saved:
293 dogs transported to other shelters with high rates of adoption
35 dogs adopted to forever homes
95 dogs Spay/Neutered
Our Financials: Beginning Balance for 2015 $ 3,147
Income for 2015 25,029
Expenses for 2015 25,980
Ending balance $ 2,196
Our Vision for the Future
We envision a day when every adoptable pet finds a loving , permanent home.
Our Mission Statement
• To inform and educate the public of importance of spay and neuter, in order to stop animal abuse and irresponsible breeding and to encourage the humane treatment of all animals;
• To provide care and shelter for many animals, including, but not limited to, veterinary care and foster homes if available;
• To promote spaying/neutering;
• To place rescued animals into permanent, responsible adoptive homes; and
• To transport dogs to shelters with high rates of adoption.
• Adoptions: Continue to post all adoptable animals on Pet Finder, Facebook and have adoption events throughout the year.
• Spay/Neuter Continue to support the community by helping individuals and small rescues with spay/neuter funds when available.
• Transport: Continue to get donations/support to transport dogs.
• Humane Education: Set up programs to educate all ages of responsible pet ownership.
• Volunteers: Continue to find Foster homes. Train volunteers on how to work an adoption event.
Donations: Forgotten Friends Texas Rescue RGV
P.O. Box 5013
Mission, Texas 78572
To browse through our Forgotten Friends, visit our
If you know the pet you’d like to adopt, you MUST fill out our Online Application.
Forgotten Friends Texas Rescue RGV
PO Box 5013 Mission, Texas 78572
Forgotten Friends on Facebook
Thank you for visiting our Website and its resources. If you would like to learn more about Forgotten Friends Texas Rescue RGV, you can follow us on Facebook